20 July 2006

Story of a Boy's Story "Terror Tower"

Dear all,

Thankyou for sharing in our story so far, but I thought is was about time to take a spep back into the not too distant past for today.

I began writing about our experiences on the web about a year after taking Matthew out of school. I did try and keep an online journal but was a little disorganised in my self then and I think we were both still recovering from the effects that school had on Matthew as a pupil and myself as a overprotective, neurotic mother who wouldn't cut the apron strings.

Matthew suddenly turned into a story writing genius and we wanted to put one of his stories in a competition but it was too long so we chose a shorter one in place. However - I was also inspired to write a story about Matthew writing his story! Strange subject and I didn't expect the reaction that immediately followed with calls from the local BBC, visits to the Audio Studio to record both our storied, a trip to the writers celebration for the feature and lastly and most exciting was a Live interview on prime time Breakfast Show for Radio Norfolk.

Sharing our story resulted in three phone calls to the studio for support on that same day and made us realise just how important it is - as mentioned in my last post - to share!

To read our first Website click here --> Story of a Boy's Story or Terror Tower!!!

No comments: